"The Harry Dean Stanton of hockey blogs." -J.T. Walsh

Monday, January 26, 2009

Puckstopolous

The game against Montreal Wednesday night was pretty amazing. the Rock was pretty packed for a Wednesday night game against NOT THE RANGERS, and the crowd was into it. Everyone was happy to see Shanahan in red, and the resentment of the Habs bullshit All Star selections was pretty widespread. I tried to get an "ALLLLLLL STARRRRRRRRS" chant going in the last two minutes, with middling success.

After every goal scored on Carey Price: "The Price is WRONG, bitch!"

Tony Goomba policed the section when some rowdy drunken assholes started shit with some Habs fans. It was pretty cool, but once security came over, it got to be pretty drawn out. Hilariously, after security left, NJ Devil and a camera guy came over to just incite drunken stupidity all over again.

The big thing for me was showing up an hour early, and sober. I had become a jinx this season, and have found that the people who would yell "BROOKLYN!" upon seeing me now just flat-out boo. The Devils have gone 4-6 when I've been in attendance, with most of those losses coming in recent weeks, when I would pre-game in NYC and show up to games late. So I sat in section 209 for an hour by myself and abstained from touching a drop of booze, and the Devils won 5-2. CURSE REVERSED!

Also, being sober at hockey games is just as fun as being a drunken mess! WHO KNEW?!?

The All-Star game was pure boredom to me, but the skills competition was pretty neat this year. Too bad VS/the NHL couldn't keep cameras on anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers