"The Harry Dean Stanton of hockey blogs." -J.T. Walsh

Friday, January 16, 2009

Nobody Cares About Ohio

The Devils beat the Columbus America Bugs in a game where they sucked ass for the first forty minutes. They were pretty bad but woke up and got some very lucky chances in the third. I spent most of the game reading up on The Gaslight Anthem. It was a wise move.

I'm looking forward to seeing Shanahan in a Devils jersey in person for the first time in my life this Wednesday.

Observations I made live from the couch:

Doc: "Shouldn't give Devils fans any fuel, but Don Koharski once, after working for the [whatever, I don't care league] and before he got called up to the NHL, worked as a milkman, the guy who delivered your milk."
Chico: "Well, we know he likes donuts."

Hey, Mike Motteau's a -1 so far. Thanks, dick.

Mike Commodore seems like a pretty cool guy.
Editorial note: That's an insightful comment, huh? By 'cool', I mean 'he seems like he'll hide your gun for you while you escape to Canada'. That Sarah Jessica Parker wasn't going to kill herself, you know.


Devils are playing like shit. No shots up close except for Rupp and Holik.

KING OF THE WRAPAROUNDS! "Doc, I like wraps...chicken wraps, sandwich wraps...David Clarkson like rubber wraps."

Chico: "Modin broke his stick again, this time on the faceoff...he's gotta ask for a little more thickness on his shaft."
Doc: "Bobby Holik can tell him what he needs...wood!"

Madden never looks anything but furious or detached and annoyed. HOLY SHIT HE JUST SMILED, the second I typed that! I seriously don't think I've seen that in years. he's a bit fucking frightening, frankly, sort of like the metal detector commercials MSG+ insists on airing. Tips for finding treasure? Recession OVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers